Sunday, March 2, 2014

In like a Lion!

I've been gathering photos, since I don't really have that much to talk about except the weather, my furball kids and my quilt.

We've had more brutally cold weather, and some nicer days that make us all hope the brutal cold is done ... but it's not.  It was - 10 F when I got up Thursday morning to get ready for work.  The poor dogs had a real problem trying to do their business outside, they kept lifting their paws.

And yesterday it was 30 degrees and the sun was out.  A beautiful day.  So we're all hoping that by the end of this week, we will be on the way to more normal weather. 

Here are some shots of the different weather patterns we've been having.

A sunset:

The second time my front gardens flooded this year ... that's unusual.



Another end of day shot ... I thought the clouds were really interesting.


Sunrise and grey skies ...


Another pretty sunset:


And the sun came out yesterday ....


Everyone was out soaking up the sun.  The barncat in her usual sun spot:


The donkeys out in their pasture, enjoying being out of their barn.


Watching my neighbors and friends x-country skiing through our properties.


My silly kids enjoying the sun .... I'm happy to say that Rocky (on the right) has not had a seizure in over a year!!!!  Thanks goodness.  He's on a low level seizure medicine and it's obviously doing what it's supposed to do.


Waiting for me to take them out.  Such good buddies.


Bailey finding the sun spot among the boots and shoes.


Lily, my snow girl.


We had some high winds last week, and I lost my gazebo from the winds.  One of the vertical supports had come loose and I was going to fix it when the weather cleared.  But the winds caught that side, and brought it and the top down.  It's now bonfire material!




It's not a structure that I ever used, so it's no big loss.

My daylily seedlings are growing well in the basement ... reminder to self to check the rest of them still in the fridge.



I've been working on my quilt and now have enough blocks to put together the next section that will go around my center piece.  I plan on laying it all out this afternoon to see how I'll fit it all together.








So not much has really been going on .... hope the weathermen are correct and that we'll have a few more days of single digit mornings and then back to normal pre-spring temps.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed ....

2 comments:

  1. Always fun to see your posts...I see your donkeys have "teddy bear coats" like our horse Wishstar ....our winter has been a DOOZY...Great shots of your winter landscapes , Love seeing your fuzzy kids & quilt is beautiful !
    Seedling look great too....Thanks for update...Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very fuzzy .. I haven't yet even bought a blanket for any of them. I keep thinking I should do that soon as Sambina gets older. Thanks for commenting, you are the only one that does!

      Delete