Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Daylily seedlings 2013 ...

I knew it was going to be hard to keep up on this blog during daylily season .... I've been on vacation from my regular day job for my Daylily Open Garden & Sale, had a friend from Maine stop in and visit, and back to work tomorrow ... so I figured if I was going to get a new post done, today would need to be the day.

This first group of daylily seedlings are daylilies I am planning on naming and "officially" registering this year ... these are all older seedlings that I have been watching for a couple of years and had actually planned on registering them last year, but the drought was too bad to get accurate heights and sizes.

The first four are all crosses of Blue-Eyed Curls X Raspberry Butterflies.





This strange looking one (that's why I like it) is a cross of a Seedling X Wind Master.


This one is a cross of Red Suspenders X Wind Master.


And this one is a cross of Frankie's Fantasy X Bluebird Sky.


This is a seedling I bought from Sandy Holmes, I call it my tomato soup seedling, and will probably register this one too.  Very unique color and a great shape!


These next seedlings are one's I am considering for next year.

This one is just a great garden plant ... lots of pretty blooms on it.  Stack the Deck X Lochness Monster.


This is more red in real life, not so pink ... but a great color combo!  It's a Mystic Avalon X Vertical Horizon kid ... I have lots of Vertical Horizon kids that I really like!


Especially this one, another Mystic Avalon X Vertical Horizon kid ... this one will be a couple more years out ... I need to get it out of the seedling patch and grow it on it's own for a while.

This is another one that is a couple of years out ... it looks me right in the eye and has great branching.  A Mystic Firebird X Platypus Pam kid ....


First year bloom on this one, but I really like it!  Mystic Pixie X Patricia Snider Memorial.


And a picture of my barn with my Quilt Square and the older spider daylily bed.


I'll have lots more pictures to share as the season winds down more ... but I thought I'd take the time today to show you some!  Hope you are all enjoying your gardening season!

3 comments:

  1. like your mystic pixie/patricia Snider memorial like your pictures just started my seedlings in2013 2 have buds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I am envious of your buds, our daylilies are just starting to show in the gardens. It'll be months before I see buds!

      Delete
    2. hello I was looking at your dayliliy seedlings I was the anonymous apr 10 th 2014 I made 46 seedlings in2013 so far I only like 3 of them this july 2014 made 90 seedlings so far down here in the south Texas most .planted july will bloom in may I have 2 from2013 that did not bloom I like looking at yours not sure if your on line anymore later David

      Delete