Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Holidays ...

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, etc .....

Today, in the spirit of the holidays, I thought I would share with you my Christmas Decor and some of my collection of Santa's.

It all started with this Santa (in the middle), bought at a craft show many years ago ... one of the few handmade Santa's I have found.


I just love him ... and was horrified to come home last year and find him on the floor, Rocky had taken him off a lower table.  Rocky quickly learned to leave the Santa's alone!  The only other handmade Santa I have found, so far, is this one ...


Notice the base, it's the bottom of an old lamp.  I found this wonderful Santa and reindeer at the huge Holiday Craft Show at the Erie County Fairgrounds quite a few years ago.  I've gone back to see if I could find another good one and have been disappointed in the quality of the crafts in more recent years.  He sits on my clock table with another interesting Santa my friend Shannon gave me ...


This Santa is obviously on the move!  Here's my fireplace mantel and large Santa's and gold twig musicians ... I won the musicians at a Holiday party I went to with my Mom a few years ago, it was her annual Master Gardener Holiday party.


Next is my collection of woodland Santa's ....


Trapper Santa in the back left, in a canoe in the front.  Here's one my friend Judy gave me that matches my kitchen!


And my leaning Santa in the window with the succulents ...


My advent calendar Santa ... I move the Santa in the pocket along each day ...


My largest Santa with feather trees and more reindeer ...


Here is my manger scene with a large donkey watching over it.  My friend Mary found the donkey head at a re-use warehouse and bought it for me.  We think it probably came from an old manger scene ...


Here's a collection of smaller Santa's on my dining room table ... same craft table I used to make my barn quilt square I posted about previously. 


This Santa sits on the moon and hangs on the inside of my front door ...


Speaking of the front door, here's the outside of the house with my white wreaths ..


That picture would look so much better if there was snow on the ground!  And last but not least, my tree.  I went with a smaller tree this year and am very happy with it.


The gate behind the tree is to keep my silly dog Rocky from standing in the bay window ... I'd come home and see him standing there with his tail wagging a mile a minute ... how he didn't disturb any of the glass items on the shelves on the windows, is amazing.

I have many other Santa's that I no longer display, most of them aren't as interesting.  I haven't bought any new ones for a couple of years, since I am now very particular about what I want to add.  But I do keep looking!

If I don't post a new blog next weekend ... I need to finish getting ready for Christmas dinner, house cleaned, cookies made, etc.  Have a safe and wonderful Holiday, enjoy the time with your friends and family ... I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Pam, your home is magnificent! You really have a talent for design!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan ... it's all those artists in the family! Their talent spreads through the family in different ways.

      Delete