Sunday, December 30, 2012

A snowy sunny Sunday ....

Today is a gorgeous winter day!  The sun came out and chased the grey skies away, and everything sparkled ....

We've gotten more snow in the past week than we had all of last winter.  The dogs and I love it!  There are definitely some challenges to dealing with this much snow, but it's so much better than the mud we were dealing with earlier this season.


The tree by the pond, weighted down by the snow ... I was trying to hurry up and get this picture before the winds came up and blew the snow from the branches ....


Had some chores to do this morning, one I hate, is bringing in more wood for the week.  And today I had to first dig out the pile of wood before I could bring any in the house ....


That was a lot of work, and I was hot and sweaty by the time I had brought the wood in and cleaned up ... guess I got my aerobic exercise for the day!  All stacked and ready!


The other "chore" I did this morning, was to create a path in the snow for the donkeys, so they could get out of the barn and into their outer shed ...


They wouldn't even venture out until I walked a path for them ... it gets deep quickly for miniature donkeys!  Here's Merlin heading back ....


Then Sam and Cosmo ....


While Merlin watches everything from the safety of the barn .... isn't he so cute?


While I was working on my chores, my neighbor Sally came over and took Rocky with her as she went cross-country skiing on the snow mobile trail down the road .... the trail has a decent surface so it's easier for Rocky to manage the snow.  They were gone for over an hour, which is why I have a snoring dog behind me as I create my post for today!


That's them on their way back home ....


Of course, Lily needs a turn when Sally gets back to my house ... though Rocky needs to torment her a little first.


Unfortunately, Lily's not too dependable off-leash like Rocky is ... so she only gets the shorter walks off-leash.  But with the snow as deep as it is, she's not anxious to go too far ....


And thank goodness for my neighbors ... mine are all wonderful.  Sally especially, she's adopted my dogs and helps me take great care of them ... she's definitely prone to spoiling them more than I am!


Lily ... in all her snowy glory!  She and I are both prefer the cooler weather, we're definitely not heat seekers!

Hope everyone has been enjoying their Holidays ... I spent some of my time off updating my website and uploading my 2013 daylily price list.  The list has links to many of the pictures of the daylilies .... check it out at http://www.mysticmeadowsdaylily.com

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Pam I just love your blog...I just got back into my comment acct....so I can add comments...
    on a regular basis.Of course I love your animals....your mini donkeys....I just want to cuddle them...Thanks for posting;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori! Glad you got into your comment account ... stay warm!

    ReplyDelete